Saturday, November 9, 2013

Thankful...day

Okay, I know. Obviously I missed Thursday again. What can I say? I have so much to be thankful for, so I need to prioritize sticking with the program, eh?

Speaking of things to prioritize: I finally got Nolan to send me the pictures we took from our photobooth at our Halloween party. Please don't ask where Nolan got the faux mustache, because I have no idea and that makes me nervous.

So dirty. 


Anyway: I've been cutting back on dairy lately due to the bad effects of over-consuming it a couple weeks ago. As a by-product of that, I've discovered new fixes for old, good recipes. For example: Nolan wanted game day food to enjoy with the Ducks game this week, and since we've got the drumsticks covered (story: Nolan made us buy 70ish drumsticks for the Halloween party that I strongly protested against because "we needed enough food". We had tons of food. Drumsticks never left the freezer. So we've been eating drumsticks every.single.night.since.), I had to come up with dips, appetizers, that kind of stuff. So I found an excellent recipe for spinach artichoke dip, and then ran with that idea and came up with an excellent guacamole recipe. Check it out!


Dairy-free Guacamole
1/2 cup cashews, roasted and salted
1 tbsp olive oil, with more as needed to thin
2 avocados
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp sundried tomatoes, julienned
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp dried minced onion
Shake of salt to taste

Toss cashews in food processor with olive oil until creamy. Add avocados, and any additional olive oil as needed to thin to desired consistency. Throw in other ingredients and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve! We enjoyed this with clean sweet potato chips and sliced veggies. Oh and grilled drumsticks and that tasty spinach artichoke dip. Nom nom nom.


Until this coming Thursday, I'll just leave off by saying that I am SO THANKFUL for my incredible husband. Even though I wanted to kill him this morning for waking me up by blasting this song on his phone in my ear and laughing like a maniac...he's perfect and I'm incredibly lucky.

No comments: